Opportunities for NERT volunteers with our program partners:
- DART: Disaster Animal Response Team with the Animal Care & Control Dept. Spring 2013 class
- ALERT: Auxiliary Law Enforcement Response Team with the San Francisco Police Department
- Block Captain/Map your Block with San Francisco SAFE, Inc.
Thank you to all NERT volunteers who planned and participated in the October drills! Check out the pics on our facebook page
See training/drill opportunities on theNERT graduate calendar
There is no need for NERT response at this time. You may use the NERT Alert form to update your contact information.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
A typical NERT volunteer is not one type. The NERT volunteer is anyone who is active and involved in the community--or wants to be. NERT teams are best formed in neighborhoods through a partnership with existing community groups such as a Neighborhood Watch program, Rotary Club, business group, faith based group or homeowners association. Together with their neighbors, team members and coworkers, they build a NERT network within their own community, teaming with the San Francisco Fire Department. All residents can benefit from NERT training. (Participations under 18 require the signature of a parent or guardian.)
NERT connects volunteers with a network of fellow volunteers all working together for a common cause. NERT members are trained citizen first responders who can help save lives.
The NERT Training Program is a 20 hour comprehensive program consisting of six (6) class sessions. Delivery of these 6 sessions is offered in a variety of scheduling options. The training instructors are professional firefighters. There is no cost for our neighborhood training classes. There is a fee for private training.
Explore this website for a complete course outline
, our current schedule
and more information. You are welcome to register
for any neighborhood class. If you have any questions or are interested in finding out how you, your group or your business can get involved, please contact
the NERT office.
Lt. Erica Arteseros
SFFD NERT Training Program Coordinator
See what your neighbors are saying about NERT training:
- "All instructors were well prepared, informative & insightful. I greatly appreciated their humor, honesty, detail and passion for this great program. Thank you!"
- "Entertaining & informative. Great teachers!"
- "Brilliant. This course is such a great resource. I feel prepared!!"
-"The group work was very helpful and gave us a good sense of what the duties of a NERT group will be."